Role Player's Heaven
An easy pop up way of logging in.
Always log-In first please. :3
Role Player's Heaven
An easy pop up way of logging in.
Always log-In first please. :3
Role Player's Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eccy
Admin
Eccy

Female
Number of posts : 2265
Registration date : 2008-08-23

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/8/2015, 9:52 pm

It was pouring down hard, and the sidewalks were almost entirely crowded by people going to and fro their destinations with umbrellas in their hands (surely from above it looked like there was NO sidewalk but moving dots). It was quite gray as well since the sun had gone down by five O'clock an hour ago; there were little clouds in the dark-blue sky, and no stars shone.

A young girl shoves her way through the mild crowd, her umbrella big enough for two but providing just for her small body. Finally with a pull of her satchel so she wouldn't hit anyone by accident with it, she hid under the protection of a liquor store's wall where the roof that outstretched enough to keep the rain at bay. The glass window was lit from the artificial light from inside, and she waited there in hopes of a opening back onto the sidewalk -- contemplating whether or not to go into the store and buy junk food she did not need.

Last edited by Eccy on 1/19/2015, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Doukuro
Admin
Doukuro

Female
Number of posts : 1971
Registration date : 2008-08-16

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/10/2015, 5:17 am

Inside said store was another. Soaked with rain, her dark jacket failing to keep her either warm or dry. She traveled up and down the various isles, eying everything they had to offer. And when she saw something she liked, and was sure no one could see, the object was stuffed into her oversized sleeves before slyly placed in the jacket's pockets. Then the female made it to the drinks.

Thirst was killing her. But it was significantly harder to swipe a whole bottle of something than mere snacks. Biting her lip the girl paused, giving it some thought. In the end her dry throat decided for her. So a bottle of chocolate milk was grabbed and the door closed as quietly as possible before she made her way towards the exit. That's when it happened.

"Hey!" She froze at the sound of the clerk's shouting. "You gotta pay for that!"

Turning slightly she met angry eyes with her own fearful ones, a war starting in her mind. She had no money. But guilt was strong. As was the fear of being caught and never able to return to this town. Her throat screamed in response. The pain was growing. So, feeling like there was little choice, she turned and ran. Making it towards the door when someone else made a grab at her. When they did so she cried out, the glass throughout the store shattering and the man's arms retreating in terror. Then she was free, making it out the door and only to rush into someone waiting outside.

She fell, too shocked to move at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Eccy
Admin
Eccy

Female

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/10/2015, 12:54 pm

Having decided to go inside the store with the intent of just calling a friend for a ride, the young woman felt her heart stop as the store's glass walls shattered; it was luck that had the shards fall downward, and only a few pieces go flying outward, saving her any serious injuries.

What she could only describe as a piercing screech soon echoed out into her ears. She raised both hands to cover her eardrums --thick gloves doing the trick -- but her eyes focused on the girl escaping a man's hold.

There was no time too ponder or wander about what had happened, because within a blink of her eyes the woman had been rammed into by the running other, and her arms instinctively wrapped around the body, causing them both to fall together. And she laughed awkwardly even though her bottom arm hurt from hitting the cement, and that they had caused other people to stare and scream in horror (well the other girl had done that).

The man inside was flat on his @$$, paralyzed with horror. If they stayed, he'd call the cops, try to get them arrested -- which she should have been doing too, yet as she took a quick glance down to the woman in her arms, she felt pity. Damn her emotions!

She quickly stood and dragged the other girl to her feet, and gripping her wrist together they ran int he rain --umberella having been dropped and forgotten. Where? She didn't know, but it seem her feet were carrying her to the park.
Back to top Go down
Doukuro
Admin
Doukuro

Female

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/10/2015, 1:13 pm

Fear had been overwhelmed by confusion. Why did the other laugh? Moreover why did she help her instead of reporting her to the police or yelling for help as most sane people would? It made little sense to her. Actually, it made no sense at all.

However, speaking of police, the clerk would surely be calling them by now. So despite not understanding the reasoning behind everything that was happening she did know one thing. That she needed to run far away from here.

She dragged behind at first but once the girl's senses returned she was running just as fast. Perhaps she could pass the other or shake loose and run in a new direction. But something prevented this from happening. Was it because she did not wish to be alone right now? Or maybe because there was a chance that the other could lead her someplace safe. In any event she followed, realizing they had arrived at the park. A nice yet strange place to wind up at.

Feeling safe once they got there she finally broke away, slowing down to a halt. Heaving, she attempted to catch her breath. "Why?" This was her only question while examining the other girl, breathlessly.
Back to top Go down
Eccy
Admin
Eccy

Female

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/10/2015, 1:47 pm

The park was of course empty of any life on it's playing grounds, but they were still surrounded by people briskly passing by, not even sparing them a glance. There were the only sounds of pattering by the rain dropping down on the plastic equipment, and the sound of traffic, and finally the trees, rustling in the cold wind.

The woman's legs were weak, not at all trained for running. When the other girl pulled away, the woman quickly looked to her with frantic eyes -- worried she'd run off and not even give an explanation as to what had happened. She smiled weakly when she was met with the biggest question either of them had:Why?

She started giggling, confused with everything that had happened, so scared and worried as to what was happening.

"I...I really don't know." She couldn't contain herself from chuckkling -- shoulders shrugging. "You're just....innocent looking I guess. And if the cops came....I'd bee interrogated about it all....And being caught by the police sucks -- from what I've seen in movies. So I just...."

She wrapped an arm around her torso, her wet coat falling victim to the wind, but she held out her other one to the other woman.

"I'm Charlotte, you can just...call me Charlie. " She awkwardly offered, feeling a deep desire to know the girl's name and know about her and...whatever she had done back there.
Back to top Go down
Doukuro
Admin
Doukuro

Female

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/10/2015, 4:24 pm

She blinked. "Innocent looking?" Never have she heard that. No, people normally took one look at her usually dirt covered face and thought worthless. They ignored her round face and eyes, baby blue irises that watched the world with curiosity and eagerness once but now weary and filled with distrust. That innocence had been so worn down.

Her breath had returned, her legs in much better shape than the other. She had to run often, after all; this was far from the first time she had to run from a situation such as this one.

"I wouldn't want to be arrested, either... But you would have been fine if you hadn't ran." It seems illogical.

Even moreso when there was an introduction. It was as if this was a normal exchange. That caught her off guard, again. So much so she almost actually gave her name in return, but as she did not yet know this person it was kept to herself.

Last edited by Doukuro on 1/11/2015, 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eccy
Admin
Eccy

Female

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/10/2015, 5:47 pm

"I-I don't even know -- heheheh! I've never gotten in trouble with the, uhh, police...before....Soooo...."

With a few more awkward chuckles, Charlie felt herself become calm and shoved her hand into her coat's pockets; the giant, brown, furry-hooded, thing, was becoming dead weight on her shoulders and was not doing it's job of keeping her warm.

She could feel the cold seep into her sweater and further down a layer, causing a chill to run down her spine. She wanted to go home now, where her roommate would not be because he had the night-shifts this week, and where she could turn on her heater, but the thought of this other woman being alone made her upset.

Charlie had always been told she had too much of a big heart that she always acted upon, and she did not deny those claims because it all boiled down to the fact that she was just too empathetic. And though she was sure this girl was able to take care of herself -- because if she were not already caught by officers, then obviously she was doing SOMETHING right -- Charlie still worried.

"OH!" Suddenly she was reminded of what she wanted to ask. "Back there....at the liquor store. What happened? The glass....it just...." She shook her head and widened her eyes as if it were obvious she was talking about the incident.
Back to top Go down
Doukuro
Admin
Doukuro

Female

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/18/2015, 6:14 am

"Neither have I." The girl said, a nervous laugh following. If something was her weak suite it was definitely lying.

To further prove that point she fidgeted, looking away from the other the instant she began asking the next question. What was that? Her inhuman ability to cause things to break, to shatter? No idea, honestly. However it came with much joy that it had just been glass this time and not something awful.

Something bloody and squishy...

With sweat hidden with rain she looked back towards Charlie and faked a weak smile. "I have no idea what you're talking about."
Back to top Go down
Eccy
Admin
Eccy

Female

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/18/2015, 3:46 pm

Charlie felt something was off with the way the other woman was avoiding eye contact. She could not put her finger on it, but there was the....feeling, emotion....that she was lying.

"Of course she is, she is obviously uncomfortable about it....or something like that." Charlie felt herself turn red, embarrassed for herself; she shouldn't be so nosy....even if it was exciting.

"Hey, uh, you live somewhere? Have, uh....hideout or something? I dunno." A hideout? What the hell even was she thinking? "I was just going home. I live down the street at the nearby Ripton apartments. I really would not mind letting you dry off there -- I know that's weird, but..." There were no buts for Charlie. She was weird and too kind for her own good. And now she was sure she was creeping out this stranger.
Back to top Go down
Doukuro
Admin
Doukuro

Female

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/19/2015, 4:47 pm

That's when it hit her. Tonight she could have some place warm to sleep and could even get a shower without a hassle and sneaking into places. Not wishing to pass up such an opportunity she pulled her act together and decided on, what she thought to be, the best way to approach this.

Sincerely.

"Could I... stay the night? Just one. Please." While she did have a 'hangout' it didn't sound appealing at all anymore. Not with this offer. Even with the threat of this all being some sort of trap. Though at least it was not an offering coming from a male, making it seem at least somewhat more appealing. Not to say that that was completely true. It could be even more dangerous in the end, but she couldn't care much right now.
Back to top Go down
Eccy
Admin
Eccy

Female

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime1/19/2015, 7:56 pm

Charlie smiled and let out a deep breath, before turning her head over her shoulder and shoving a thumb behind her.

"I don't mind. Come on, it's this way." She then stretching out her other hand and making a gesture for the other woman to follow. "I thought it'd be, uh , awkward if I came straight out and, uh, asked if you wanted to stay." She chuckled quickly.

She lead the way to her apartments, thinking about her roommate who would either be just walking out to head on to work, or still be rushing to get ready. Either way if he had anything to say she wouldn't care in the slightest -- this woman was her guest, and she was paying most of the rent, so he could just shove it.

Charlie made sure her acquaintance was close as they walked through the crowded sidewalks, not wanting them to be separated -- slightly worried that the girl may change her mind. The walk didn't take no more than perhaps ten minutes before the giant and well-lit apartments came into view. The doorman opened the door for them, commenting playfully on how their soaked clothes (and keeping an on the girl).

The building was very fancy, with tan, cream, golden, and silver, colors all around, creating a wealthy atmosphere. There was a lobby and a lounge where jazz music flowed from. All around them people were well-dressed in dresses, skirts, heels, slacks, and collared work shirts. It was not a place for anyone who were anything lower then middle-class.

"I'm on the sixth floor. There's like fifteen, but I have a fear of heights, so...heh."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Story   A New Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Story
Page 1 of 1